03 May 2012

May 3 - "Something You Wore Today"


A rare appearance on day work today (and tomorrow) in order to accomodate an early morning conference on Saturday. This made the choice for what to wear today a lot easier: "Hmm.... I think I'll go with the navy blue polyester!"

These normally fashionable trousers are now even more attractive thanks to a smart looking reflective stripe down the hem. The official reason for this is highway safety, but the actual reason is that too many guys were wearing their uniform pants at their other part time jobs. (Which I don't suppose would be a huge problem, except when you damage them while working that part time job and then make your full time employer pay for the repairs. That's what we call fraud!) I guess the idea is supposed to be that if you wear these at your other job, it'll be easier for people (who make more money than me) to spot your indiscretion.

So here's to you, people who have too many jobs and too little integrity!

I always suspected my uniform would look that much more professional if I got to wear track pants with it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment