30 March 2011

I'm not sure how a multiple page text will translate into a single blog post. So this is a kind of experiment to see how it'll look if I post from work.

I was thinking about this whole "Pray for a new congregation" thing on my ride to work tonight. It's one of our common requests during our 40 day "Leap of Faith" at BRV.

My personal request is that this new congregation, be it a site church attached to BRV or a church plant, finds it's home in my town - Folcroft. I am pretty much convinced that I'll be part of the new group whether it's in my town or not, but man, it would be really cool to live and worship in the same place. I feel like it would make outreach so much easier. I could say, "Yeah, we meet up next to the Post Office," instead of, "We're in Media - down the street from the courthouse." Just seems a little more accessible.

Anyway, it should be an exciting summer either way. Lots of talking and planning to do with other pioneers. This is the reason I liked the idea of a church planting movement when I first came to BRV some 6 odd years ago. I like the idea of new beginnings. I like being part of the team. I like being the church instead of just going to it.

Well, hopefully this text thing works and I didn't just waste the past 10 minutes. Guess I'll find out in the morning!

Cheers.

3 comments:

  1. I also feel very strongly that i may end up a part of the new congregation as well. Not sure why.. it probably stems from my overbearing personal desire to always be shaking things up in an attempt to create positive change. If the plant or site ended up in Folcroft i may just lose it. It would be so incredible to be meet God in community once again in this town. Oh boy.. oh boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's excellent to hear, since I was planning on trying to coerce you into coming along anyway. We should get together and talk about it sometime. For sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES PLEASE! lemme know time and please!

    ReplyDelete