15 May 2011

Been thinking about trying to write a worship song again. Inspired by the talk from our Encounter brainstorming sessions about "the rocks cry out". The idea that if we don't show up to praise, it doesn't mean God's going to go without. What I've got so far is a chorus, I think. It reads like this:


If I rise to praise You
If I fall down on my knees
It will not change who You are
No, Your worship's not dependent on me


These words were bouncing around in my head as I drove to church a couple weekends ago, so I wrote them down and stashed them away. Still not sure where I want to go from here, though. I'm thinking it would make sense if the other part of the song was all about God and didn't involve the words "me" or "I" at all. We could use more songs like that, I feel.

Anyway. That's what I was thinking about tonight. How about you?

2 comments:

  1. Agreed. Thats a good chorus. I would love to hear where this goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Here's hoping it goes... somewhere. :)

    ReplyDelete