02 March 2012

The ultimate revenge of irony is when someone with a strong sense of irony spends time with people who seem to be completely unfamiliar with the concept.

For those in this latter group, please allow someone from the former group to give you a quick primer -

If somebody says something to you that is obviously completely untrue, this is probably irony. For example: When my wife says to me, "Why don't you love me?" because I won't share my dessert with her. This is clearly irony, because I love her regardless of whether or not I choose to give her a cookie.

So then, if you non-ironic types could take just a moment out of your thought process to assess the validity of a situation before becoming offended by it - that would make life so much more enjoyable for us ironic types.

Thanks. (Seriously.)

No comments:

Post a Comment