31 January 2012

I wish they would just rename cable channels when they decide to diverge from their intended programming.

I mean, it's tenuous at best when you see shows like "19 Kids & Counting" on the "Learning" channel. I suppose someone might learn something from watching that show.

But what really bugs me is channels like MTV. Where's the MUSIC on your music television? Seems to me it's all either shows about teenaged moms or orange people dancing at the beach anymore.

Or, most recently, AMC - American Movie Classics. This channel used to be laughable because of their loose use of the word "classic" - showing such classics as xXx, Jurassic Park III and Old Dogs. I will note that I was willing to overlook them showing serials because they were producing some high quality programming like Mad Men, Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead. But now Facebook has just informed me that every weeknight I can catch 3 back to back to back hours of CSI:Miami on AMC. Really? Isn't that just lazy? You've got a track records of having a pretty broad definition of "classic", so you could literally show almost any movie ever made. And instead you're going with 3 hours of reruns of a show that's a spinoff to begin with, not to mention the fact that it's still in production?

Oh well. I guess this is one of the reasons I got rid of cable. I can search for what I'd like to watch by name on Netflix. It's just one big channel of "whatever the heck you feel like watching."

No comments:

Post a Comment