06 February 2012

Learning new songs is a chore for me. Well, actually, let me clarify - learning songs is fun. Learning to play them properly (ie: as they go on their record of origin) is a chore. And, oddly, no matter how hard I try to learn them "right" - I invariably end up changing something that makes it just a little off.

This would normally not be a problem, except that these songs are worship songs that I'm supposed to be leading other people in. If I were the only person leading the song and the original recording didn't get listened to by people on their iPods, I guess it wouldn't be an issue. But.... I'm not.... and it does. Womp womp.

So, I'm left with two alternatives. Struggle on and try to improve the idiosyncracies or cowboy up and write my own songs so people can't tell me "how it's supposed to go." Right now, we're going with the former. Hopefully sometime soon it'll be the latter. Stay tuned?

2 comments:

  1. i'm placing a strong vote for the latter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duly noted. I shall give it my utmost. (And by "utmost" I generally mean "half-assed attempt every 3 or 4 months.)

    ReplyDelete