15 February 2012

(Tagging along with someone else's thought today. A brief picture of how I felt that day.)

We were at Brandywine Creek State Park, playing disc golf as usual.

We'd just finished the 16th hole and were settling in to drive on 17 when my phone rang.

"There was an accident. It's pretty bad."

I have no words.

My mind races, because I'm a doer. But I'm so far away. And I can't do anything anyway.

"Thanks for telling me...." (I guess.)

Clouds covered over the sun - the symbolism wasn't lost on me.

"Jesus... just save her. Restore her. Please."

I'm jarred from my numbness by my idiot friends laughing.

Someone put a caterpillar on my shirt while I was tiptoeing inches away from a breakdown.

I want to yell. I want to cry. I want to punch someone. I want to walk away.

"Real cute, jerk."

But I don't. I throw a frisbee at a little metal basket.

And the world keeps on turning. And the day keeps on going.

Oh, and He did. He did save her.

She's not completely restored yet, but she's here.

And once again I don't have the words for how this makes me feel.

X

No comments:

Post a Comment