22 April 2012

April 22 - "The Last Thing You Bought"


After Wednesday night's embarassing 10-3 loss, I officially declared my old, black John LeClair jersey to be bad luck for the Flyers. (Also factoring into the decision - a loss in the Winter Classic and a loss in Newark when we went on a road trip to see the Flyers play the Devils. Both times I was also wearing said Jersey.) So I found a reasonably priced tshirt on eBay and placed my order. I think it was cheaper because they figured JVR wasn't going to play any more this season. But low and behold, the day after I ordered the shirt - he's back in the lineup.

The shirt did not arrive in time for Friday night's game. But there it was in my mailbox on Saturday morning. So I wore it today and.... bingo! Destiny! Flyers win. Pens go home. And while this is not proof that this shirt is good luck, I am at least hopeful that it's not bad luck. Only time will tell as the playoffs move into round 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment