05 April 2012

April 5 - "Tiny"



This tiny bit of copper pipe probably would've cost a couple hundred dollars to have replaced. Luckily, we've continued to renew our home warranty for our first couple years of home ownership - so today it "only" cost our $75 deductible.

The man in me believes that I should have been able to effect such a simple repair on my own. But then I remember what my dad says every time I ask if I can change the oil in my car at his shop: "I'll change your oil, you can start the IV's." The Home Depot mindset today has everyone believing that they can do any repair they put their mind to. But if everyone does all their own home repairs, how are the skilled craftsmen and repairmen supposed to make a living? I suppose we could argue for hours on both sides. But as for me, I have leak free plumbing once again with relatively little pain in the pocket and now I still have the rest of the day ahead of me. God bless you, kind plumber.

No comments:

Post a Comment